Clear Roller Shutter
Secure – Functional – Attractive
The Clearspan is a popular design for commercial buildings offering top security together with the ultimate in style and strength. Let your after-hour display add dimension to your product range and take advantage of every marketing opportunity.
The Clearspan Shutter is suitable for many commercial applications including the following:
- Shopping centres
- Bar tops
- Sports complexes
Opening size up to – 4.0 metres high
- 0 metres wide
Curtain – Constructed of clear polycarbonate extrusions having a depth of 100mm interlocking with symmetrical aluminium extruded members of 30mm to form a continuous hinge. Each aluminium member shall be fitted with moulded end clips to prevent lateral movement and provide smooth operation of side guides.
Side Guide – 50mm x 33mm extruded aluminium with false back for concealing fixings. Optional Nylofelt Buffer available.
Locking – Shall be centrally mounted two way Mortice Key Lock or Sliding Shoot Bolt Lock mounted within the bottom rail.
Bottom Rail – 90mm x 48mm extruded aluminium section incorporating locking device and concealed locking rods and optional PVC Buffer.
Brackets – Manufactured from 90mm x 40mm mild steel.
Roller Drum – Manufactured from 229mm spiral ducted tube attached to ball bearing drum wheels rotating on a 34mm steel shaft. The shaft shall be fitted with helical springs designed to counterbalance the curtain weight throughout its operation. The drum shall be designed to give minimum deflection over the span.
Operation – Manual or motorised depending upon size or requirements.
Mullions – Specially designed one piece extrusion for straight openings and two piece sections that can be set to any angle and shall be used for wide openings and multiple door installations.
Counterweight Bi-fold (product page 11)
When designing an opening – Ensure the opening is plumb and true. There should be sufficient room at the front and rear of the opening for projection, as well as adequate pulley and nib room.
Standard design – Doors are constructed from rectangular hollow steel sections and suitably braced for minimum deflection in the open and closed position. The standard design is based on 0.5kPa wind load. This may be altered to suit particular situations. Thus the desired wind load must be stated, when specifying this product.
Maximum width: 30 metres
Maximum height: 8 metres
Cladding (Steel) – Doors can be clad with various sheeting materials. Standard Colorbond profiles are commonly used however specialised profiles can be used. Please consult the manufacturer on the use of non standard sections.
Cladding (Glass) – Doors can be partially or fully glazed for viewing or showroom display and are glazed in accordance with AS1288. Standard glazing uses 6.38mm laminated safety glass. The use of other glass or glazing material should be referred to the manufacturer due to additional weight, deflection, door design and construction. Glazed doors will generally incorporate a kickplate in the base of the bottom leaf. Door size and weight will determine kickplate height.
Bar Grille – This door is constructed of standard RHS frame covered with 20mm square hollow steel tube welded vertically over the entire door face at approximately 120mm centres.
Other Cladding – Other available cladding commonly used are plywood, mesh, perforated sheet, woven wire and galvanised sheet.
Finishes – Standard finish on frames and channels is epoxy primed and polyurethane. On glazed doors beading can be anodised or powdercoat finish. Other finishes are available if required, please specify.
Locking – By use of internal padbolts unless otherwise specified. Motorised doors will not be fitted with locks.
Counterweight Covers – The counterweights shall be protected and covered with a removable pressed sheet to meet design requirements.
Escape and Access Doors – Can be incorporated into door design providing bottom leaf height is sufficient. Locking is by a night latch unless otherwise specified. It is recommended that access doors open inward on a Series 3000 door.
Motorisation – Operation by a ramp and carriage designed for smooth opening and closing. The carriage is driven by an overhead shaft connected to a three or single phase drive unit incorporating open and close limit switches. Doors may be electronically operated and fitted with sophisticated control systems as required. Advise whether doors are to be designed for future electric operation.
- From industrial to residential, Renlita Series 3000 doors have got you covered. Each door is designed and manufactured individually using precise mathematical calculations to achieve exact counterweight balance for safety and appearance.
- We customise each project so we work in harmony with your design brief.
- The Renlita Foldaway Series 3000 counterweight balanced door is designed for industrial/commercial and domestic applications where minimum internal projection is required.
- Little headroom is necessary for this type of door.
- The doors accept a wide range of cladding and/or glazing materials and come in many colours to suit your design brief.
- When opening, the door folds along a central hinge and moves upward, coming to rest in horizontal configuration immediately below the lintel.
- Dimensions of the doors vary according to the application and each door is individually designed.
- Mathematical calculations are completed to ensure the door is correctly counter weight balanced.
- Wind loading can be a critical design factor especially in cyclone prone areas unless otherwise specified the doors are designed to resist a minimum wind loading of 0.5kPa.
- This door suits high security applications.